Indeed an enhancement request :-)

Re: Using Fitaly Table PC from multiple accounts in Vista -- deevee
Posted by emmanuel , 01/06/2008, 11:17:01 Post Reply Top of Thread Forum

Hi Dave,

First of all, sorry for the late response.
I have been very busy on other projects lately but I am now happy to be back working full power on new enhancements to the Fitaly keyboard.

With regards to your question about using Fitaly from multiple accounts,
unfortunately the installation directory is currently stored in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Hence the installation directory is stored only for the user that performed the installation and Fitaly is not available to other users.

We will correct that in the next version that we are currently working on. Meanwhile you can reinstall Fitaly for all users that want to use it.

We will also store the path to the slide file as a user preference so that different users can use different slide files.

You mention glossaries, Fitaly 4.0 has no glossaries, we are currently examining the possibility to add a glossary feature with dedicated shortcuts ( for ex. ico -> in consideration of). If the idea makes its way the path to the glossaries will than also be stored as a user preference in order to allow multiple users to use different glossaries.

Best regards.
Emmanuel

Edit | Post Reply | Where am I? | | Original Message | Top of Thread | Current page |