Wish list comments

Re: WishList for Fitaly Tablet PC -- kistonewa
Posted by emmanuel , 11/20/2007, 12:29:47 Post Reply Top of Thread Forum

1) Modification of slide highlights. I am running a number of macro expansions off of slides. If the slide choice above or below the one I want is fired instead, it can create havoc at times. What I would like is for the slide choices to highlight only in the middle 1/3 or 1/2 of its slide region. Then it would be less likely to fire the wrong slide if I don't pick up perfectly vertically. Also when I am running really fast, their appears to be a minimal lag in the highlighting at times which causes me to lift up at the wrong time. This very well be my hand eye coordination, but it does cause problems. Another possibility if the above can not easily be programed, would to be the ability to control the height of the display of the slides. This would allow me to display the slides narrowly and insert a blank slide between each slide which would double the needed number of slides for the same number of useful slides.

One solution for now is to select a bigger Preview font.
For slides that you want to achieve really fast, an option may be to have a dedicated direction where you would define only one slide choice.
But I will examine your suggestion for an option to control the height of the display of a slide regardless of the font.

2) Redefining location of slide files. I am currently developing a series of CustomSlide.txt files which I will use for special areas of the medical record. I.E. a special slide file with orthopedic terms and macros. I currently run a macro which copies my special slidefile from another directory over the CustomSlide.txt. I also copy over one of the bitmap files so the top of FITALY tells me which special CustomSlides is loaded. It then terminates FITALY and restarts it so it will read in the new CustomSlides file. Over time I hope to develop a number of CustomSlide files over time including ones which expedite entering medications and physician names. I would like to load these into a ramdisk which loads the files quicker and allows a faster transition. Since I can't do this at present, I am hoping that doing this will eliminate the brief pause required. Will loading FITALY from a ramdisk speed up terminating & restarting it. If I am too optimistic in what speed improvement this would allow, then this would move down on the priority list.

Ideally I think this could be achieved by a "Load slide file" function. I guess it could be accessible both via the menu and via our macros.
Hence your slides to switch slide files would be a lot simpler as they would not require closing and reopening Fitaly.
For the display of the current slide file on the Fitaly bar I am less enthusiastic for esthetic reasons.

3) Comment or descriptive phrases would be nice since many of the macros used have somewhat cryptic key combinations or short text strings which fire them. This would make it easier to identify those which I use less often. It also would definitely facilitate others learning to use the macros. My long term dream is to develop my CustomSlides to the point where our doctors will find them faster than making cryptic brief notes on paper when we are really busy.

This is something we definitely plan to do for our InstantText product which also has advisories where possible expansions are displayed.
I think it would be a good idea to introduce it here too.

4) Additional metakeys are always nice. As I have mentioned previously I would like a Windows key. The other suggestions on this topic also look good to me, but the Metakey which I would most like is a variable pause function. This would greatly enhance my ability to deploy some macros through FITALY. I have a few that will only deploy from the keyboard at the present. It appears to be an issue of Windows loosing focus when I tap on FITALY, and a delay allowing me to tap on the correct window prior to the macro starting would be nice.

The few Windows keys that are not yet available should be added in the next release.
A Pause metakey may be a nice idea, but ideally Fitaly should never take the focus, I will look to see if we can avoid that.

5) South slides start at FITALY instead of the top of the slides. I find it faster and easier for me to follow the slide up from where my eyes are focused initially. The problem of coordinating the hand moving down while the screen activity moves up has not been a problem for me in the past. I realize this would make it more difficult for some others; therefore, and option to do it either way would be best.

The slide display positionning may more configurable in the future version, some users have already expressed that they would like to have the display either at the right or the left of the tap instead of centered as it now is the case.
For the vertical positionning of the slide window, we could display the slide choices starting at the position of the tap, it could be an option.
But should it not be like this for any direction then?

Concerning the increased costs for support, I guess you misunderstood me, the Pocket PC requires a lot more support until now than the Tablet PC

Best regards Emmanuel.

Edit | Post Reply | Where am I? | | Original Message | Top of Thread | Current page |
Followups